Thursday, July 13, 2006

Final Doctor Appointment

Well, today was my last Dr. appointment. No other visits scheduled. Either I have the baby or my next stop is labor and delivery to be induced. In reality, this shouldn't be called my last Dr. appointment. It should be called my last Dr. disappointment. While Phoebe did turn yesterday, by the time I woke up this morning she'd turned back to her posterior position. She's not engaged enough yet to stick to one position, so she's still moving pretty freely in there. I still have no progress to report in the dilation and effacement department - stuck at 1.5 cm and 50%. And if I end up being induced it looks like I'm facing a minimum of 16 hours laboring time in the hospital. I should be happy that the non-stress test says she's fine in there and there's ample, but not too much, amniotic fluid. But today was a bit discouraging. We're still praying that she'll turn and I'll go into labor on my own before being induced.

The doctor did estimate the weight of the baby today, and she's guessing somewhere around 6 lb 12 oz. She said she'd be surprised if this baby was much over 7 lbs when it was born, so that was encouraging.

Hopefully we'll have baby news in the near future. In the meantime, we'd appreciate your prayers that Phoebe will turn, progress, and I'll go into labor before being induced. Thanks.

No comments: