Friday, August 15, 2008

Sweet Pea, continued...

We didn't take many pictures at Sweet Pea this year. I'm not entirely sure why that is. Perhaps because we saw mostly musical acts and they're not as interesting to photograph. Perhaps because the things we *really* wanted to see this year we ended up missing. Perhaps because we were too busy keeping an eye on the quick little girl who could easily get lost in a crowd if we weren't careful. Whatever the reason, we don't have many pictures from the weekend, but I suppose it's just as well...



On Sunday we arrived to the Festival in the afternoon, after church, and after Ellie had a bit of a short nap. The excitement from the previous two days' activities had worn her out and we didn't want a cranky girl on our hands, so we put her down to rest. She slept longer than we expected her to, which may have been good for her mood, but meant that we missed the two acts we really wanted to see. Bummer.



But we loaded up the stroller anyway and headed in to feast on cotton candy and kettle corn, since no one was selling pulled pork sandwiches this year! (I was seriously disappointed about the lack of pulled pork sandwiches... I look forward to them and eat one at Sweet Pea every year! Really... whose idea was it to cut them from the menu? It was a bad idea, I tell you...) Alas, though, as if by some evil twist of fate, no one was selling kettle corn this year either! Really?! How can it be???!! So I looked forward to my bag of cotton candy, my one splurge for the festival, and waited for Leif to return to me with it. But no. They were out of cotton candy. Gone. And no more to be made. Bummer.





Fortunately, the festival didn't end with a bummer as we got to rest under the trees and listen to a Zydeco band, and a pretty good one at that, I might add. The weather was nice and cool, so it made being outside nicer, and Ellie was happy to practice climbing in and out of her stroller on her own. I still haven't decided if it's a good thing or a bad thing that she can do that, but whichever it is, she is proficient at it now!

So... the moral of the story is to eat cotton candy and kettle corn at the Bite of Bozeman instead of waiting until Sweet Pea. Just get all your splurging done at once, because it might not be at Sweet Pea if you're looking forward to it!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, I like the title of this blog. WICKED family blog. How about a kettle corn company called Velma's "Wicked Delicious" Kettle Corn?

And I agree...pulled pork sandwiches are great! I like to munch my kettle corn after having some.

Velma's "Wicked Delicious" Kettle Corn popcorn