Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hmm.... What did I miss?

Well, since Eliana hasn't been napping regularly any more, I'm finding it difficult to keep the blog updated. Mostly I find it difficult to get photos uploaded to Picasaweb so I can put them on the blog. The blogging I can do from pretty much anywhere via the laptop. The pictures, however, are on Leif's computer in the office, so when I'm in there Eliana tends to come after me and play with things she shouldn't and destroy stuff. So... without the safe haven of naptime I haven't quite figured out the best way to do that! But I will try to fill you all in on the highlights of July that I missed while we had visiting family and then napless days...



On July 12, a week before Eliana's birthday, I, Elizabeth, ran my first 5K! Leif ran with me (at my speed) as my moral support. And I am happy to report that I did indeed run the whole thing, and in 31 minutes. That is now checked off my list of things to do someday, though I hope to continue running. It's pretty good exercise!

One night a few days before Eliana's birthday she stepped on a bee in the pool and got stung. It was her first bee sting, so I guess we learned that she isn't allergic. She didn't even freak out about it. She just picked her foot up and said, "Ow, ow, ow, ow" until someone came to get her. All told it went way better than I expected it would! She was such a good girl and even let us pick at her foot with tweezers to get the rest of the stinger out.

I still have to scan in the picture, but the week before her 2nd birthday Eliana drew her first recognizeable picture!! It's a face and you can actually tell that by looking at it! She loves to draw and it's not uncommon to see her with her little magnetic doodle pad singing to herself, "One ear, another ear, one eye, another eye..." as she draws. And most of the time she is very sure to draw eyebrows, too.

I'm sure there are other things I missed along the way as I wasn't getting any blogging done. There will be larger posts detailing some of the bigger things that we've done recently, such as taking Eliana on her first camping trip, going to the Bite of Bozeman (you didn't think we'd skip blogging about the turkey leg this year, did you?), and the Sweet Pea Festival, which we're in the middle of right now. So there are posts and pictures coming. It's just taking a little longer than I expected. Bear with us and we promise to do our best to keep the bloggy goodness coming.

No comments: