Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dressing my Daughter Badly

I have a proclivity for dressing Ellie badly, or as I like to think of it, expediently. Elizabeth can tell you horror stories. Our recent trip to Yellowstone, which Elizabeth will soon post about, gave me a chance to demonstrate that again. During that marvelous journey, we went kayaking. When she rides in our kayaks, Ellie dislikes having the myriad forms of airborne water alight on her. I figured if we were going to have any chance of her enjoying the trip, we'd need to keep her dry. We felt pretty dumb when we realized that we'd forgotten bring a rain coat for her. Really we felt quite foolish because we'd forgotten to bring any kind of coat for her, which is always a bad idea when camping in the mountains in summer. I had brought a rain coat for myself. Ellie got the honor of wearing it.

It reminds me of another time I dressed her in my clothes.

No comments: