Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yes, we're still alive...

... We just haven't been taking many pictures of Ellie lately. Not much has been going on, I guess. And so, it's been a week since we've blogged. Eeek! I know, I know... it's completely unacceptable. So to make it up to you, here is a little video of Ellie singing "Old MacDonald":



This is her favorite song lately. She comes into the room and says, "Donald E-I-E-I" when she wants to sing it. So far we really only do the duck, cow, and cat, but it's fun anyway.

In other news, Ellie can now go up and down the steps all by herself. She still does it on her hands and knees for the most part, but is very good at it. She's very careful about it, too.

She has also gotten quite proficient at talking on the phone. She carries the phone around nodding and pointing and talking about the things she sees around the house. She also babbles long strings of "words" very seriously! Unfortunately for the person on the other end, it's hard to know what she's talking about unless you can see what it is that she's pointing to. The other day she told Mommom all about the bunny, moon, trees, and cars she could see outside. Then when I asked if I could talk to Mommom, Ellie told me, "No." and continued to babble at Mommom. I think she had a 30 minute conversation all by herself!! She did NOT want to share the phone and threw quite a tantrum when I insisted that the conversation was over.

And yes, we have landed ourselves squarely in the middle of tantrum-ville. Ellie thinks she's two, with all of the kicking, screaming, and "No!" outbursts that come with it. Thankfully she is delightful much more often than not, and we enjoy most of our time with her, making the tantrums a little easier to live through.

I did take a couple pictures today of the types of things Ellie is doing lately, but I have to pull them off the camera still, so I'll save that for a little later. In the meantime, enjoy the video and I'll try not to wait so long to post again!!

1 comment:

Ivymamma said...

I love when they start to have "real" conversations! What fun. And the tantrums...they will end...eventually...then start again...then end...then start again...