Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...

I went to the eye doctor this morning. Here are the results:

The GOOD:
My eyesight has apparently improved since I gave birth to Ellie. My current glasses prescription is -1.00 and -1.25 with astigmatism in one eye. My new prescription? -.25 and -.75 without astigmatism! Woohoo! Leif says my prescription is just a rounding error compared to his.

The BAD:
This doctor, too, noticed that I have irregular cupping in one eye compared to the other and as given me the dreaded label my mother and brother bear: Glaucoma Suspect. He also noted that I have a significant raised spot on my macula. It might be nothing, or it might be something to be concerned about. In any event, he took pictures of my eyes and I'll go back in a month to see if it has changed at all.

The UGLY:
I'm getting new glasses. Okay, so they're not ugly, but they are different. And I don't like different. My frame choices were somewhat limited since I have to wear little kid glasses. Oh, the joys of being small.

No comments: