Saturday, May 31, 2008

Knowing

As Elizabeth has mentioned, Ellie's pretty well mastered identifying letters in their upper case form.

This morning when I pulled out the giant Costco-size 3 quart tub of cottage cheese because Ellie said she needed a second bowl after she'd already had a hot dog, string cheese, cereal, and a bowl of cottage cheese, she started calling out the letters she saw on the side of the tub. As I've been doing in the past, I asked her what the various letters say.

"What's 'C' say?"
"ssss"
"No, it says kuh." (Yes, I know I'm cheating, but I've been working on getting her to read "cat."
"No."


"What's 'D' say?"
"No."
"'D' says duh."
"No."

"What's 'A' say?"
"No."
"'A' say ah."
"No."

At that point I turned my back to put away the cottage cheese and I hear a knowing voice behind me saying, "Silly. Silly daddy. Silly daddy."

No comments: