Friday, July 20, 2007

12 Month Stats

Ellie had her 1 year checkup today and, much as we suspected, she has grown. She is now...

20 lbs 9 oz (50th percentile)
18 inch head circumference (75th percentile)
30.75 inches tall (92nd percentile)

Okay... who slipped my baby some tall genes? It certainly wasn't me. Yet there she is, up in the 92nd percentile for height. Go figure. She's going to be taller than me AND ski faster than me all by the time she's 3. *sigh*

Dr. Benda said Ellie looks perfect in every way. She is meeting and exceeding her 12 month checkpoints. He said she is walking very well and is very advanced linguistically (to which he added "But what else would you expect from the daughter of a Latin teacher?" - ha ha!) for her age. While I was waiting for him to come in and check on her, I jotted down all the words I could think of that she uses with meaning. I came up with 14. They are (in no particular order)...

thank you
hi
up
duck
meow
dog
mama
daddy
all done
uh oh
no
yeah
hello
book

She also has called these people by name...

Mommom
Poppy (whom she calls Dada, which is clearly distinct from Leif, who is Daddy)
Lily

She is officially a full-time walker (as of Monday) and doesn't crawl anymore. And today at Dr. Benda's office she stepped up on the examination table step with both feet, steadying herself with her hands. She's figuring things out quickly, and I don't know that I'm ready for that just yet! But it is wonderful to see her growing and learning and I'm so happy to know that she's healthy and developing well. Thank you, Father, for our little girl.

1 comment:

(Re)Becca said...

All the words make my speech-language pathologist heart happy :). She's such a cutie!!