Saturday, February 03, 2007

Back Home

Well, we ended up staying in Sandpoint for an extra day due to icy roads through the Montana/Idaho border passes. But that allowed me to spend some extra time with Kara, so it was good. We made good time and made it home safely on Wednesday, and Ellie traveled well. No fussing or anything. That was a blessing! Soon after we arrived home, I got a call asking if I could substitute for Elementary Latin at Petra the next day. So Thursday was hectic and I'm very glad I'm not trying to teach AND be a mom. I don't think I could do it. Friday was full of trying to get settled back into routine at home and doing laundry, and now today I'm finally getting around to blogging. Whew!

Ellie has been doing this funny thing where she scrunches up her face and sort of snorts. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get a picture or video of it. It's cute. She's also been trying (unsuccessfully) to crawl. She pushes up on her arms, then flails her arms and legs, then pushes her bottom into the air, then repeats the cycle. She can sort of creep forward VERY slowly this way, but she hasn't figured out how to get her arms and legs under her at the same time. She's pretty persistent, though, so I imagine it's just a matter of time before she gets it.

That's about all that's happening here, so I leave you with some pictures from our trip...

JD with Kylen and Evie

Ellie, Evie, and Kylen
(looking at Kara as she jumped on the couch to get their attention)

Kylen pushing Ellie in the walker while Evie toddled behind.
Ellie LOVED it. She grinned and giggled, and her little feet went 100 miles per hour beneath the walker - it reminded me of the Flintstones!

LU girls shopping in downtown Sandpoint
Katie, Elizabeth, Ginny, Kara, Stacy

The Claridge and Wickland kids - three carseats across the back of the Prius!

No comments: