Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snowmen

Yesterday Eliana and I took a walk to the mailbox and back and I took my camera so we could go snowman hunting as well. With all the recent snow, it's been fun to see the snowmen popping up in people yards, with little footprints all around. Here are a couple of my favorite ones:


Leif and I don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day ON Valentine's Day. Leif doesn't like someone else telling him when he has to buy his wife flowers, so he usually gets me something a few days before or after the holiday. On Tuesday he brought me a dozen roses and some candy and we planned on going out for dinner on Thursday.


Instead of spending money to go out for Valentine's dinner, I surprised Leif with a candle light steak dinner. Well, he still had to do the grilling, but it was a nice way to spend Valentine's Day anyway.



We shoveled a path on the deck to the hot tub, but then Leif started working on his homework and I cleaned up my craft room, so we didn't get to use it. When I got up this morning, then, there was another layer of snow. Just a dusting, really, but it meant that my nice shoveled path was gone. Here's our back yard in all of its snowy glory:


In Ellie news, she is outgrowing her clothes very quickly these days. Something will fit one week and not the next. This is her latest victim. It's official. She is now wearing 3-6 months clothes. We got a lot of use out of those 0-3 month things! Now I wonder if she will wear 3-6 month stuff for the next 6 months. I guess we'll see!


I'm going to go back to crafting now, so I leave you with this picture to remind you to stay warm and have a good evening!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I love the footprints on the snow picture! But it makes me cold!

Thanks for the snow pictures (since we don't really know what it is here...) :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Eliana and her doll. That is very sweet.