Friday, August 04, 2006

A Day at the Park

This morning Ellie and I went to Bogert Park to meet Andrea, Zachary, and Ian this morning. It was Ellie's first "play date," though it was really socialization for me since she slept pretty much the whole hour. =) After the park, we went to eat lunch with Leif during the Friday BBQ at RightNow. Mostly it was Leif showing off his daughter while I ate my hamburger. Leif sure is proud of that little girl. As I headed out to the car after lunch I noticed that Louise's vehicle was over at Petra, so I went over to do my own showing off. We had a nice visit. Petra has 71 students enrolled so far for the Fall, which is really exciting. They're tearing out walls and adding other walls and rearranging classrooms to get ready for September. It was good to see what's new, but weird at the same time not to be in the middle of it. After leaving Petra, Ellie and I headed to the mall to pick up a shirt for Leif's dad. We strolled around, browsing the stores. Again, Ellie slept like a doll, not even hearing all of the oohs and aahs people sent her way. We made a day of it and it was wonderful. And it all started with a trip to the park.

2 comments:

Leif Wickland said...

Me? Proud? No...

Elizabeth Wickland said...

yes, you....