Monday, August 24, 2009

Raspberries

Two years back, we picked up some raspberry bushes from Freecycle. A local family's garden was being overrun by the canes, so they invited any takes to come and dig some up. I had no idea what I was getting into; for example, I didn't know raspberry bushes were thorny. The givers were nice enough to lend me some gloves while I dug and lugged.

Now, our raspberry bushes are taking over our garden and are happily, consistently pumping out yummy fruit. Many evenings I'll take Ellie out to the far side of the yard to look for berries. I think it's a good exercise in patience for her since I'll only let her pick the ripe ones. It's a small joy that I look forward to.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just noticed she has your freckles!! how cool!!

Michãel said...

such a cutie!