Monday, August 03, 2009

3rd Birthday, the Prequel...

Eliana's Montana birthday party technically happened a week and a half before her birthday, before we went to Texas. Of course, using my highly developed sense of time and chronology, I have placed these pictures after the others here on the blog. =D Just grin and bear it, and be glad there are pictures. =D

The party was a little last-minute as we decided to go backpacking the couple days right before the party. So the prep work all took place on the afternoon of July 4, in about 4 hours. It all came together pretty well (except that I didn't have any candles for the cake), so I learned I can pull a party together in practically no time! Let's not do that again, though....

July = outdoor water party, so to spice it up this year we put a kiddie pool and hose to work to create a water slide for the girls...

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

(I don't know why, but I'm a fan of the play-by-play pictures.)

We put up a pavilion and had hot dogs for lunch, cupcakes, and lemonade. Several of Ellie's little friends came, including Elli Page, Zoe, Macie, Lily, Corinne, and Ruby. The older girl in the pictures is Ruby, my Mother's Helper for the summer. We have really enjoyed having her come over once or twice a week to play with and watch Ellie!

3rd Birthday Party

(I love how they look like they are making snide comments about the other party goers in this one! It cracks me up!)

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

3rd Birthday Party

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Oooo. Where can I get a mother's helper?