Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am Ellie's friend.

Today I made Eliana take a nap because she was extremely grumpy. It took her quite a while to go to sleep, so I had to wake her up because I had to be someplace at 4. When I woke her up, she smiled at me and said, "I want to give you a kiss." Then she kissed my cheek and whispered, "You're my best friend." That's about the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

About an hour later we were at the community center setting up for a home-based-business show and Ellie was playing with two other little girls she'd met. They were exchanging names when I heard Ellie say to one of the girls, "And this is my good friend, Mommy."

I am Ellie's friend. =D

(As a side note, my daughter tells me that her name is NOT Eliana. It is just Ellie Wickland.)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love that. It made me get teary eyed. What a sweet little girl you have.