Friday, March 30, 2007

Soooo Big!

Eliana is getting so big. She was in her 0-3 month clothes for what seemed like FOREVER. Then, finally, at about 7 months she was able to start wearing her 3-6 month clothes. Those lasted for all of 3 weeks. Now at 8 months she is wearing 6-9 month clothes and is too long for all her 3-6. She's still a skinny minnie, but she's growing like a weed. We are going to have her 9 month checkup in the next few weeks, so I'm very curious to see how she's shaping up weight and height wise. I could try to measure and weigh her myself, but she's such a wiggly thing I think I'll just leave it to the professionals.

Today Ellie is wearing her first pair of denim overalls. She's a very busy girl and getting into everything. She growls when she's happy, and she's curious about absolutely everything. Yesterday she discovered that we have outlets on our walls. Greeeeeaaat. She crawled over to one and reached up to pat it, grinning at me as if to say, "Look, Mommy, I found something new!" It made me sad, but I flicked her little hand and told her not to touch it. She hasn't gone back since, thankfully. *sigh* All those times my parents told me that spanking hurt them more than it did me... I think they might have been sincere. Discipline is good for children. It teaches them to obey and it keeps them safe. But it is sad for parents. Still, I'd rather she learn now that outlets are dangerous than wait for her to stick something into it and get shocked.

Our weather is starting to warm back up just a little after the snow we had the other day. It's into the 40's today, or supposed to be. I know that I could put a jacket on and still go for a walk, but really I just want it to be warm and sunshiny. I don't want the sunshine with a bit of chilly! Spoiled, yes. Maybe I'll call up a friend and we'll go for a walk to get some coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it didn't take 14 hours to get there i'd hop in my car just to go for a walk with you!!! :) get into PLAY mode today - that helped my morning tremendously!!! - tam

Ivymamma said...

It always amazes me how long they stay in one size and how fast they grow out of another! She'll probably be in size 3 diapers fooorrreeevvveeerrrr!

SNOW!!!! I was so ready for capris and flip-flops, but right now, here in Billings, it is 33 ans snowinging - 4 inches and falling HARD!!!!