Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Time with my parents

In May, my parents came out to visit. They were here for about 10 days, and I dare say it was not long enough. While I do NOT miss living in Texas, I do miss living near my parents and thoroughly enjoy the time with them when they come to visit.

I don't think we took many pictures while they were here. I'm sure you've noticed that we've slacked in taking many pictures at all lately, as evidenced by the dearth of bloggage. Sorry about that. I have yet to find a simple solution for uploading picture to Flickr now that our laptop (and its Picasa->Flickr friendly Windows operating system) is dead. So... yeah. Enough with the excuses, and on to some pictures from my ever friendly Droid! Not nearly as good as the pictures we get with the good camera, but easy for uploading! =D =D

One of the things my mom got to do while she was here is come to Aerial Dance with me. For those of you who don't know, for the last year or so I have been taking Aerial Dance lessons and loving them! I call my mom most weeks with giddy excitement on my way home from class to tell her what we did that day. This time, though, she got to come with me and actually participate!! Of course, I DID get pictures of that!

Aerial Dance

Here we are at the studio, because I wanted "touristy" pictures of the day. =D Thanks for humoring me, Mom!

Aerial Dance

My mom up on the trapeze, and Cathy, the instructor. Cathy is great because she walks you through everything and makes sure you are safe the whole time. If you're local, I highly recommend you come to a class, just to experience the fun of it!

Aerial Dance

Look at her, all by herself! This is the "mermaid" pose.

I also made Mom my "personal paparazzi" while she was there, since I rarely get pictures of myself when I'm doing Aerial Dance and it's such a big part of what I enjoy right now! Here are a couple of the poses I did that day:

Aerial Dance

Gazelle

Aerial Dance

Straddle Back Balance (I think that's what this is called?)

I also got to do fun stuff on the fabric, including my first drop! I was glad to have mom there to video it, because it's the hardest thing by far that I've ever done in Aerial Dance. It's exhilarating to do something new and challenging, and how fun to have a visual record of it! Not the most graceful thing, by far (!), but fun all the same! I am trying to figure out how to get the video on this post, but youtube isn't behaving itself right now, so it might have to go in a separate post. We'll see.

Nope! Not going to play nicely today. Well, I have things to do, so I'm going to post this and hopefully get the video up later. I will also work on getting more pictures onto the blog in a more timely fashion. Hopefully you'll have more posts soon! =D


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't tell Leif, but uploading photos to Flickr from iPhoto is SUPER simple on our Macs! I can get them off the camera and onto Flickr in under 30 min while watching a crawling baby :-)

So that is what aerial dance is...I was wondering!