Friday, April 10, 2009

It has been brought to my attention...

... that I've been slacking in my blog duties. So here's a recap of our last 3 weeks...

- The weather's been snowy and/or rainy, with the exception of 2 beautiful days this week that we got to spend outside (and sunburn our scalps)!

- Ellie and Leif have been sick for the past 2 weeks. I finally sent them to the Dr. yesterday and they came out with the verdict that they just have nasty colds, but nothing serious.

- A couple days ago I had my first skinned knee duty as a mom. Ellie fell on the sidewalk and skinned up her knee. It's not too bad, but it did require some cleaning, mothering, and loving. Now she has a scab on her knee, just in time for TX.

- Oh yes, we (Ellie and I) are going to TX for 10 days. We leave tomorrow!

- I got a new netbook (like a mini-notebook computer) this week! It's little and I can take it places with me much easier than the laptop (aka the "big" computer). I like it! (Though I'll like it more after Leif finishes working his magic on it and customizing it just for me!)

- I went to Salt Lake City in March for 3 days to attend a Mary Kay conference, which was wonderful! I'd never been to SLC before (aside from layovers in the airport) and it was my first MK conference, so it was newness all around. Plus I got a little 3 day break from the wee one, which was nice for me.

That's pretty much all there is to it. The couple weeks of sickness have pretty much wiped out all the fun activities, since Ellie has only been in the mood to lay about and whine until recently. But never fear! I'm sure there will be pictures from TX upon my return... I will resume my blogging duties. =D And if I get behind, just leave me a comment and I'll get back to blogging again. =D

3 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

whoo hoo for texas!

Taylor Mathews said...

With your new netbook you'll have no excuses. :-D

Ariana said...

Tejas!! I'm so jealous. Wear sunscreen! It's crazy how fast we become un-adapted to the TX sun.