Saturday, April 11, 2009

baby birds...

Ellie just informed me that baby birds eat eggs.

I guess I should explain to her sometime that no, they don't. They sort of hatch from eggs instead.

But then I'm scared that we'll have to get into the whole eating eggs is like eating baby birds thing, and I just don't want to go there. What if she stops eating eggs?!

Sigh. For now we'll just stick with the fact that baby birds don't eat eggs, they eat worms.

... and hope she doesn't pretend to be a baby bird while we're out in the back yard sometime.

2 comments:

mtmommy said...

We have had to over look the same conversation about fish.... She hasn't asked about any other meat but fish sticks and Nemo seem to have her a little worried...

Leslie said...

ROFL. I would never have thought of that.

Good call there.