Sunday, September 05, 2010

Traveler

Bridger Steel has a billboard along the interstate on our route home. I was driving a tired Eliana home last week when she piped up from the backseat and asked, "Dad do you know what shape a pyramid is?" And without waiting for an answer said, "A triangle!" Then she asked if we could go see the pyramids. That was the first time I can recall that she asked to go see something that she's only seen pictures of. At first I kicked into my normal pragmatic, easy-let-down mode and tried to tell her that the pyramids were a long way away and it would be really expensive to go there. She seemed to understand. But what I thought to myself is that it would be really neat to take the whole family to Egypt. Maybe someday.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

totally a unique experience. i hope to take my family there one day. and hopefully it won't be windy!

Anonymous said...

Me,too!