Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Stir Crazy

I've been home from work less than two weeks and I'm already going stir crazy. Yesterday I felt trapped, with no where to go, no one to see, nothing to do. Yes, there were two cars in our garage and, had I the inclination, I could have gone out and done something. But there was no motivation. None. Not even for scrapbooking or going to my favorite local shops.

Today, however, was different. Brilliant husband that he is, Leif suggested I spend the whole day in town, running errands, playing on main street, and spending time at a favorite local coffee shop. So I did. It was great to get out.

My morning was basically running errands - grocery shopping, baby shopping, etc. Then Leif and I went to lunch at Cosmic Pizza ($1.25 slice day - every Wednesday!), running into the rest of the RightNow Wednesday crowd (the Richter family, the Stevens family, the Warner family,
the usual Wednesday guys...) - it's like a party every time we go there. Of course, it's also sort of embarassing to eat at the same pizza place so regularly that you are on a first name basis with the people who work there, no matter whose shift it is. Anyway- after lunch I walked around downtown, visiting my favorite stores, taking pictures, and finally settling in at Rockford Coffee for a few hours. It was a grand, grand day.

These are a few of my favorite places to go downtown...

RoShamBo - the wonderful paperie

Stix - the underground yarn shop

FancyFlours - a bakers boutique

Rockford Coffee - a comfy couch and free internet!



No comments: