Friday, December 17, 2010

Color in the house!!

Those of you who have been to our house in Belgrade probably know that there was no color in it. None. Veeeerrrry beige. Leif didn't want me to paint in that house, because it was never "our" home, it was always just a temporary (for 8 years!) until we were able to move to Bozeman. This new house is, apparently, different, though, because Leif has encouraged me to use some color! It's been a new process for me and one I have thoroughly enjoyed, especially because I didn't have to do the painting!! Here are some views as the color goes on...

FlickrDroid Upload

The base wall color is "Only Natural" - a kind of light beige. The ceiling color is "Marshmallow" - which is not white, but kind of looks like it in contrast to the beige. =D

FlickrDroid Upload

The first accent wall you come to is painted with "Hot Stone" - my favorite color! I love how rich and warm it is without being too dark! This color is going to go in our den, too.

FlickrDroid Upload

FlickrDroid Upload

The darkest color is "Grey Earth" or something like that. It's in the dining room, just on the pop out. I think it will nicely frame the view of the Bridgers, and it adds some character in the room. This color will also go in Leif's office on one wall.

FlickrDroid Upload

Ellie's room has the most subtle accent, a light pink called "Shangri La" that we picked to tie into the curtains and bedspread Robert is making for Eliana's room. This color is also going in the guest room and in my Mary Kay office.

FlickrDroid Upload

FlickrDroid Upload

The boldest accent is in our bedroom. I went with a color called "Bolero" - and I love it! It's very close to the color that the outside of the house will be, and it goes very nicely with our bedding and our dark bedroom furniture.

So there you have the progress... COLOR!! It's starting to look like a real house!

No comments: