Monday, June 15, 2009

Texas in April

Wow! There's a lot of Texas in April that never made it onto the blog, either. I've been a bad blogger! And since we'll be going back to Texas in a month, I guess I should take a few moments now to share our last trip there. =D More ketchup, I suppose!

While we were in Texas, my mother demonstrated that her excellent mom skills are still as sharp as ever when she kept Ellie out of our way in the kitchen (while making Ellie thinking that the activity was all about her. =D). Here's what she did to keep Ellie busy:

Mommom's Helper

Mommom's Helper

Mommom's Helper

Mommom's Helper

My dad demonstrated his Ellie-occupying skills with a little help from the RC plane and an extra controller. Ellie thought she was flying the plane and LOVED it!

Flying Planes with Poppy

Flying Planes with Poppy

Flying Planes with Poppy

Ellie got her first moments in a real pool (I think) while we were in Texas, too. The water was chilly, so she just wanted to sit on my lap, but this is where Mommom and Ellie are going to spend 4 days straight while I am at a convention in Dallas next month! And by then it will feel like bath water...

Swimming in the pool

Swimming in the pool

Swimming in the pool

Swimming in the pool

The other place my parents are going to spend time with Eliana while I'm in Dallas is Kidsview, the community playground there in Longview. We went a couple times in April and Ellie loved it. I think it's even better than ours in Livingston... I tried to get a picture of Ellie and Mommom on the play equipment, but Ellie thought it was more fun to try to squish Mommom, and this is what I got:

Kidsview

Outside the park, though, there are beautiful azalea bushes, so these pictures were a little better:

Kidsview

Kidsview

Ellie also decided to be Poppy's little helper while we were there, watering the lawn and helping with the garden. I thought her choice of attire was particularly funny... no pants (where did they go, anyway?), Mommom's high heeled shoes, and Mommom's hat. Funny little helper!

Poppy's Little Helper

Poppy's Little Helper

Poppy's Little Helper

Poppy's Little Helper

Poppy's Little Helper

Poppy's Little Helper

Poppy's Little Helper

There is more to the trip, but I think this is a picture-heavy enough post already. Still to come... a trip to Caldwell Zoo and our day with the Allen girls. =D

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hey there! I actually just took Natali to the Kidsview park today - we had never been. I was impressed and we will be going back I am sure. Looks like you had a good time and I hope your trip coming up goes well.