Friday, November 21, 2008

The truth of it is....


I love it when comics are so true! This is how I feel a lot of the time, especially when I'm calling my mom up to share the latest cute thing Eliana has said. And sadly, once I've gotten it out of my system by telling someone (usually two people - my mom and Leif) then I never get around to blogging it. And it was perfectly good blogging material, let me tell you!

I'm sorry for all the stories the rest of you missed out on because I verbally communicated them, and, Eliana, I'm sorry for all the stories that got lost because I forgot to record them here. Really she says so many cute things in a day that it's hard to find the time to sit down and write them all out, but I should. Let's see... here are a couple recent ones:

Ellie and I went down to the park last weekend so she could play on the slides. I figured it would be a good time to catch up on reading my latest issue of Martha Stewart LIVING, so I took it to the park with me. We had a lovely walk over there and she started playing happily. But as soon as I cracked the cover on my magazine, Ellie came running over to me shouting, "Don't DO that!! Don't read that Bible!" Apparently, all books are Bibles right now. I informed her that it wasn't a Bible, it was a magazine. The next time I tried to read my magazine, she told me, "Mommy, don't read that mazgabible!" Ha ha! We spent over an hour at the park during which time I was supposed to follow her around and talk to her while she played. I was not allowed to set my magazine down on the playground equipment, carry it and read it, open the cover, or anything. About the only suitable treatment for my magazine according to Ellie was to leave it on the ground! So... don't ask me what's in the December issue of Martha, because I still haven't gotten a chance to read it!

The transition to no milk is still going well, though it's a process to find cheese alternatives that are truly milk free that Ellie is happy with. Because she loves cottage cheese so much I tried making a cottage cheese alternative out of tofu for her. Any time she asked for some cottage cheese, that is what I gave her. Finally one day at breakfast Eliana told me, "I don't want you to MAKE cottage cheese, I WANT cow cottage cheese!" WHO TOLD HER? Who told her that one was from cow and one was not? It wasn't me, Leif, or my mom... So, we just don't have cottage cheese any more. Problem solved! =D

There are a few other stories I have to share, too, but they have pictures that go with them. We finally got the computers synchronized again so I should be able to blog pictures a little easier again. Stay tuned....!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny, I can just see her telling you no bible or magazine. I am invisible at the park, unless of course they need help with the monkey bars!