Saturday, March 17, 2012

Colorado Springs... Garden of the Gods

Yesterday while Barbie had a meeting to attend, Ellie and I took a little trip to Garden of the Gods. It was a beautiful day and the scenery was amazing!
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
Eliana kept talking about how beautiful it was and how neat the rocks looked. I knew she would probably enjoy it, but I didn't expect her to be so enthusiastic! It was wonderful!
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012

From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
After we went around the main garden, I realized there was one specific rock I didn't see, so we went off to find it. It is the Balanced Rock. I have a picture of my great grandmother posed in front of Balanced Rock from 1913. Here we were, 99 years later, and I got to take Eliana's picture in front of the same rock!
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
From Colorado Springs 2012
We have been so thankful for beautiful weather here all week and have so enjoyed spending time with Barbie and seeing the sights!
From Colorado Springs 2012

No comments: