Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Little Artist

Ellie's Art Space

This summer I got an easel for Eliana at a garage sale. I put it in her room and gave her chalk to use on it. She had fun with it, but it got a little problematic when her friends came over and thought the chalk belonged on the walls instead of the easel. Then Ellie thought the chalk belonged on the wall and we had to put the chalk up!

In a moment of cleaning out her room one day I decided to move the easel downstairs to the craft room since she wasn't really using it in her room. That turned out to be a wonderful thing! Because the craft room is in the unfinished part of our house, I'm not too worried about the concrete walls or carpet remnant flooring. So I let her paint down there. And you know what? SHE LOVES IT! She will paint for an hour! And she tells me in great detail all of the things she's painting. It's great!

Ellie's Art Space

Ellie's Art Space

No comments: