Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Affection

Day to day, Ellie is not particularly affectionate to me and Elizabeth. She's just got too many things to do to really be interested in us, it seems. Sometimes she'll snuggle with us, but usually it's not for long and it's most often triggered by wanting to watch a show or trying to fall asleep. Usually, it seems, she'd be just as happy snuggling with anything warm and cozy.

However, over the last month or so, she's started to be a bit more demonstrably affection with me. This has made a huge difference to me. It's made me feel very special to have her run out and ask to give me a hug and kiss when I'm leaving for work. I'll admit that I've certainly had a better attitude toward her given that it feels like we have something of a relationship now instead of just being perpetually adversarial over the evening routine, our primary point of interaction most days.

I love it. I know it's fleeting. It's so precious.

No comments: